Monday, August 13, 2007

Kimberlee Auerbach's list

Kimberlee Auerbach, author of The Devil, The Lovers, and Me: My Life in Tarot, was invited by Powells.com to recommend "five or more books on a single subject of personal interest or expertise."

Auerbach's response:
I'm obsessed with love. Romantic love. Platonic love. Self love. All of it. It's hard to write about love without being totally cheesy, so when someone does it well, I am taken. I fall absolutely head-over-heels in love.

Five books I'm head-over-heels in love with:

Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen (Karen von Blixen-Finecke)

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

The Passion by Jeanette Winterson

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone (Author), Michael Smollin (Illustrator)
Read Auerbach's interview at Powells.com.

--Marshal Zeringue