Thursday, July 5, 2012

Michael Palin's six best books

Michael Palin is an English comedian, actor, writer and television presenter best known for being one of the members of the comedy group Monty Python and for his travel documentaries. His second novel, The Truth, is out next week in the UK.

One of his six best books, as told to the Daily Express:
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance
by Robert Pirsig

Certain books surprise you completely, and this one did. It’s not just about philosophy but motorcycles too. I learned a lot about machines and it made me understand things I thought were beyond me.

I felt more competent when I had finished. It made a great impression.
Read about the other books on the list.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance also appears on John Mullan's list of ten of the best motorbikes in literature and Sebastian Beaumont's top ten list of books about psychological journeys.

--Marshal Zeringue