Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stella Gonet's six best books

Stella Gonet is one actor from the UK who has not appeared in a Harry Potter movie yet has performed in many productions of Shakespeare's plays and appeared in several popular television series and movies.

One of Gonet's six favorite books, as told to the Daily Express:
REBECCA by Daphne Du Maurier

One of the great gothic pieces of writing. Du Maurier really knows how to plot and develop character and I always imagine I’m playing every part. I was 14 when I first read it because I loved the Olivier film.
Read about the other books on Gonet's list.

Rebecca appears on John Mullan's list of ten of the best conflagrations in literature, Tess Gerritsen's list of five favorite thrillers, Mary Horlock's list of the five best psychos in literature, and Derwent May's critic's chart of top country house books.

--Marshal Zeringue