Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rose Mannering’s top five books

Rose Mannering (AKA G. R. Mannering) is an English writer and international author. She signed up with literary agency Creative Authors when she was eighteen and secured her first UK publishing deal when she was nineteen.

Roses, her first fantasy novel, is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

At Eat More Cake, Mannering tagged her five top books, including:
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

I think this book just epitomises my teenage-hood. So many of the things that Cassie says, I too said and thought. I was absolutely sure that I would never fall in love, I was consciously naïve and I wrote obsessively in practice books trying to document and ‘capture’ the stories around me. However, that’s sadly where the similarities end. I didn’t live in a castle and I’m pretty bitter about it. But that doesn’t stop me adoring this book. I reread I Capture the Castle every spring and each time I fall in love with it all over again. It’s an amazing summer read if you’re looking for something dreamy and beautiful.
Read about the other books on the list.

I Capture the Castle is among Diane Johnson's six favorite books and Sophia Bennett's top ten stylish reads.

Visit G. R. Mannering's website, blog, Facebook page and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Roses.

--Marshal Zeringue