Monday, November 10, 2014

Herbie Hancock's six favorite books

Herbie Hancock is a multi-Grammy Award-winning keyboardist and composer. His new--and first--memoir is Possibilities. One of the musician's six favorite books, as shared at The Week magazine:
Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama

I've had the good fortune to meet President Obama. I believe he's a compassionate man, and my impression of him is compatible with how he describes the flow of his life from his early childhood.
Read about the other entries on the list.

Dreams from My Father also appears on Husna Haq's top five list of books by the 2012 presidential hopefuls, Alice-Azania Jarvis's reading list of family memoirs, Gillian Orr's reading list on fatherhood, Sammy Perlmutter's list of the five best books from Nobel winners who didn't win their medal for literature, and Iain Finlayson's critic's chart of six books on young leaders.

--Marshal Zeringue